There are 3 ways to get Minerals for our bodies:
Sourced from Ancient sea beds and ground up rocks and soils.
- These minerals are classed as hydrophobic - not water soluble and are hard to dissolve
- They have a Positive Electric charge.
- They are less than 8% absorbable. This means if you were to take 100 mg of a metallic mineral supplement each day, it is possible that only 8%, or 8 mg would be available for your body to use.
- This is what is commonly found in most grocery store supplements.
- A metallic mineral wrapped with a protein or amino acid.
- In the late 70's, the health food industry identified the issues with metallic mineral absorbability and developed "chelated" minerals: wrapping amino acids or protein around the minerals to help the body metabolize them.
- This results in slightly over 50% absorption at best.